What am I doing here? Answers on a postcard….!
I have private medical insurance, advise on it and sell it as a medical broker. But here I am strutting my stuff in the NHS. Why?
My op was to remove 2 skin lesions on my neck and head.
I reckon I could have used my private medical insurance. But why claim for a quick procedure and see premiums rise next year (when they are already high as I pay personally). Best to use my policy for serious stuff. But, just a few notes about my experience:
- The staff were great. And I had a good chuckle with the surgeon in the operating room as he was into metal music. What a guy.
- I got there at 11.45 am and my 10 minute op came at 5pm. I got home at 6.15.
- One guy got there at 8am and at 4pm was told to go home as they had gotten so busy in emergency that they could not fit him into theatre.
- My 10 minute op started with a GP visit 4 months ago.
As a reminder to all us chaps, I spoke to a guy having his right testicle removed. He found a lump that they were removing as a precautionary measure. So check em.
I’m glad for my policy. It would have given a quicker and nicer experience, but it was also interesting to experience the problems the NHS face.
If you re interested in private medical insurance for yourself, or your business and team please let me help. I can:
- Get quotes from the leading insurers in the market such as Vitality Health, BUPA, AXA and Aviva..
- Negotiate the quotes to make them as affordable as I can for you.
- Feed back my finings to you and explain all the medical jargon
- Look after you year after year to try and keep premiums in check.
Please drop me a line if you want to know more.