A third of large employers use health and wellness promotions to reduce absence.
Private Medical Insurance – Almost a third (32%) of organisations with 250 or more employees use health and wellness promotions to control absence levels and improve attendance. This makes this the most popular method among larger employers, according to research by Group Risk Development (Grid).
The study undertaken by Opinium on behalf of Grid, canvassed the opinions of 500 HR decision makers within 500 UK organisations. It found that flexible working is a less popular method of reducing absence in larger businesses, at 23%, but that its popularity rises to 35% among those with between one and 249 workers.
Stress counselling matches flexible working in popularity among large businesses with 23% of the vote. Employee assistance programmes (EAPs) are marginally more common with 24%.
EAPs reduce significantly among smaller employers with only 11% of small to medium ones, and 7% of micro-organisations using them.
Why your business should consider Employee benefits
- Aid in recruitment and retaining of staff
- Staff back to work quicker. Saves you money.
- Staff being off sick may lead others to become ill or have lower productivity due to more workloads.
- Causes of long term sickness from CBI Absence Workplace Survey 2011 –
- Non work related stress/anxiety/depression – 61% non-manual, 47% manual
- Cancer – 41%
- Musculoskeletal – 31%
- Work related stress/anxiety/depression – 29%
- Chronic back pain – 22%
For advice on the various forms of employee benefit packages please talk to us at MME – Private Medical Insurance, Cash Plans, EAP (employee assistance programs for stress counselling), group protection such as death in service and our cash back portals saving your staff money on outside of work expenses.
07419 764 565 – Stefan
0800 99 2205